How to hold your own fundraiser....
- Have fun – plan the activity around something you enjoy.
- Educate yourself about the service. This has a greater impact when asking for donations etc as you know where the money is going to be spent.
- Start fundraising early. Use your existing networks such as sports/social clubs & work colleagues.
- Set yourself a challenging but realistic fundraising goal. Publicise your goals.
- Ask existing community groups to get involved e.g. Rotary, CWA, Lions, RSL.
- Approach sponsors to cover costs as much as possible – ask for donations for goods, prizes, printing, catering and services.
- Remind people that donations are fully tax-deductible.
- Ask a celebrity to support your fundraiser – celebrities attract more people which means more money.
- Do additional fundraising at your event e.g. raffles, auctions, pledges,
- lucky door prizes.
- Get friends, family & colleagues involved – delegate event tasks & ask for help when you need it.
- Take lots of photos! Send them in to us so we can use them in our columns in regional newspapers, on our website and Facebook page.
Contact our Community Relations Officers for more tips and information on holding a fundraiser - Rebekah in Coffs and Grafton on 6650 9893 and Brooke in Lismore on 6627 4444.